To remove a stuck caster stem from a chair, try the following steps:
- Apply heat: Use a heat gun or a hair dryer to heat up the area around the stem. This can help to loosen the grip of any adhesive or rust that may be holding the stem in place.
- Tap with a hammer: Gently tap the stem with a rubber mallet or a hammer wrapped in cloth to loosen it.
- Use pliers: Grip the stem with pliers and twist gently back and forth to loosen it.
- Apply penetrating oil: Spray penetrating oil such as WD-40 on the stem and let it sit for a few minutes before attempting to remove it.
- Use a wrench: If the stem is hexagonal, try using a wrench to loosen it.
- Replace the stem: If all else fails, the stem may need to be replaced. You can find replacement stems at office furniture stores or online.